Monday, March 16, 2015

Consistency, Picasso, Malevich, Hockney, Lion of Ninivé

Hi Pauline,

I’m not focussed so much on consistency of style as consistency of quality. I love experimentation and variation, especially in the works of Picasso and Malevich. They invented different forms of art and that is exciting. That gives the impression that they thought about the limits of their style and liked to play with new possibilities. I like to switch off between abstract and figurative work if only to learn more from each effort. One thing I love about David Hockney is that he experiments with new media in a very thoughtful way.

I read somewhere that the art that ISIS is destroying is plaster reproductions. I hope that is true.

Helene


Kasimir Malevich: Black Cross, 1920

No comments:

Post a Comment